- Wednesday, April 17
- •Breakfast at the Hilton Buffalo Thunder in the Iguana Café
- •Travel to Taos where our 1st stop is a guided tour of the Taos Pueblo
- •Next stop is The Millicent Rogers Museum with one of the finest collections of Native American jewelry, Maria Martinez pottery, textiles, and Spanish devotional artwork in New Mexico complete with a guided tour and a visit to the gift shophttps://millicentrogers.org/pages/welcome
- •A brief visit to the historic and architecturally significant San Francisco de Asis Church https://www.san-francisco-de-asis.org/
- •Lunch by the church at Ranchos Plaza Grill, a definite favorite of the localshttps://taosnews.com/stories/cooking-with-your-hands-your-mind-and-your- heart-at-ranchos-plaza-grill,33399
- •Spend the remainder of the afternoon exploring Taos Plaza, the heart of downtown historic Taos filled with shops, galleries, monuments and museumshttps://taos.org/what-to-do/landmark-sites/taos-plaza/
- •Check in at the beautiful El Monte Sagrado Resort in the heart of Taoshttps://www.elmontesagrado.com/
•Dinner is nearby at Doc Martin’s located in the famous Taos Inn where you willexperience delicious food in a charming historic atmospherehttps://www.taosinn.com/
Julie Moore, Davie Garrison, Susan Dale, Anne Lupica at Long John Dunn coffee house.
Our fabulous tour organizers, Lindy Isacksen and Linda Fritsch
Margaret Baker and Renee Donnelly
Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Fun times with friends on the New Mexico trip! Thanks to Davie Garrison and Donna Esposito for the photos of Taos today.
Tuesday, April 16: BUSY and enjoyable day!
- 10:15 AM – Arrive at Albuquerque International Airport
- Claim luggage and board tour bus
- Short ride to our 1st stop – Los Poblanos Historic Inn and Organic Farm,
- Enjoy a delicious box lunch from Los Poblanos on the way to our next stop -- Bandelier National Monument https://www.nps.gov/band/index.htm
- Head for our first night’s lodging at Buffalo Thunder Resort and Casino, a very nice Hilton property https://www.hiltonbuffalothunder.com/
- Dinner is just minutes away at Gabriel’s Restaurant where we will ordersouthwestern fare from a menu created especially for ushttps://www.gabrielsofsantafe.com
- Thanks to Donna Esposito, Claire Nullmeyer and Davie Garrison for great photos!
Gardens at Los Poblanos
First pool in Albuquerque was at Los Poblanos Bonnie Newhoff and Donna Esposito at Bandelier National Monument