At the Historical League Open House, President Sharron McKinney spoke of the many things the League is doing. President Elect, Pam Ryan, co-hosted the event with Leslie Christiansen. Pam presented owners of the historic Craftsman-style home, Shelly and Griff Hearn, with Tastes & Treasurescookbook and our new Centennial book, AZ Recollections and Reflections, as a thank you for hosting the Open House. The "Before" and "After" photos of their remodeling was impressive.
Another great appetizer served was Crostini with Cream Cheese, Prosciutto and Fig.
CROSTINI WITH CREAM CHEESE, PROSCIUTTO & FIG
8 oz Cream Cheese, at room temperature
4-6 dried Garland figs, finely chopped
5-6 slices prosciutto, cut in a thin ribbon, or chiffonnade
1 baguette French bread
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to boil. Place oven rack near the top.
- Slice bread about 3/8-inch thick, cut about 24 slices. Place on a sheet pan and drizzle witholive oil.
- Lightly toast one side of the bread, about 3-4 minutes. Allow bread to cool.
- Using a butter-knife spread a thin layer of the cream cheese on the toasted side. Sprinkle with the chopped figs and prosciutto.
- Just before serving, drizzle with a few drops of the truffle oil.
Serves 12 as an appetizer