Touring the Craftsman-style Hearn Home on Northern Ave in Phoenix was amazing. And everyone enjoyed the wonderful food and drinks, listening to the many speakers and just visiting with Historical League members and guests.
50 Carrot sticks
50 Red Pepper sticks
50 Yellow Pepper sticks
50 Celery sticks
50 Jicama sticks
50 English Cucumber sticks
- Wash vegetables. Peel carrots and jicama.
- Cut the vegetables in 5-6-inch lengths, about the width of your baby finger. Please leave the leaves on the celery ends. The vegetables should be slightly different lengths.
- Keep the vegetables chilled in zip-top bags. They can be cut a day ahead.
½ cup Blue Cheese
3 T buttermilk
3 T sour cream (low-fat is OK, but don’t use non-fat)
2 T mayonnaise
2 T white wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, finely minced or micro-planed
1 t sugar
2 T parsley, chopped
S&P to taste
- In a medium sized bowl mash blue cheese with a potato masher or fork until it resembles cottage cheese.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- The dressing can be kept covered in the refrigerator for several days.
Makes about 1 cup