Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Fresh from the oven, the presentation of this colorful dish is fabulous. Leslie Christiansen gave us this delicious appetizer that her whole family enjoys.
Another method of serving this is to scoop out a round loaf of sourdough bread and bake the brie cheese and toppings inside the hollowed out bread. Then use the bread cubes to serve the brie. Wonderful for the Holidays or any special time.
BAKED BRIE WITH FRESH CRANBERRIES
19 oz Wheel of Brie
½ bag of fresh cranberries, rinsed
½ cup raisins, golden or regular
½ cup brown sugar
½ t cinnamon
½ cup orange juice
½-1 cup black berries
½-1 cup blueberries
Crackers or sliced baguette
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2. Place cranberries, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon and orange juice in a sauce pan, stirring to combine.
3. Bring to a boil; as the cranberries begin to burst, reduce the heat to a simmer.
4. Continue to cook until the liquid has thickened to a syrup; about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the fresh berries.
6. Meanwhile, cut the top off the wheel of brie, leaving the sides of the cheese intact. Place brie in an ovenproof serving dish with sides.
7. Pour the cranberry mixture over the brie; it’s ok if the mixture tumbles over the sides a little bit. Place the brie in the oven.
8. Bake until the cheese begins to bubble, about 15-20 minutes.
9. Serve with your favorite crackers or bread.