My girlfriend in Michigan gave me this recipe years ago. So easy and fun to take it to special events. Thanks Jody!
Tastes & Treasures cookbook has a great cheesecake recipe on page 170. Try that one too.
- 2 8-ounce packages of low-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Dash of lemon zest
- Mini Nilla Wafers (regular kind Not reduced fat)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Soften cream cheese to room temperature.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Line up mini baking cups and place a mini Nilla Wafer face-up inside each one.
- Scoop mixture onto wafer, filling cup 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate. Once chilled, scoop cherry pie filling atop each mini cheesecake. Chill again.