Monday, April 2, 2012
Feeding a toddler healthy foods can be a challenge. These muffins are easy to make with wonderful ingredients.
Tastes & Treasures cookbook has recipes for Blueberry muffins and Sour Cream muffins. They can also be made into "mini muffins".
Spinach Cake Muffins
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1 Large Egg
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Fresh Spinach, packed
1/3 Cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Vegetable, Olive or Canola Oil
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and puree
3. Place the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and combine.
4. Pour the spinach puree in a large mixing bowl.
5. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
6. Scoop batter into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup 2/3 of the way.
7. Bake for 12 minutes.
Note: Freezes well in plastic baggies.
Makes 24 mini muffins