These were mouthwatering. I remember my mother making something similar that we called Raspberry Squares.
RASPBERRY CRUMBLE BARS
3 sticks unsalted butter, slightly soft
3 1/3 cups flour
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
¾ tsp sea salt
1 large egg
1 T whole milk or cream
1½ cups Raspberry Preserves
½ cup fresh raspberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer place the flour, sugar, brown sugar, oats and salt. Using the paddle attachment beat on low speed to combine. Turn off the mixer.
- Cut the butter into little cubes.
- Combine the egg and milk in a small bowl, whisking with a fork.
- Add the butter, egg & milk, beating at low speed only until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stop and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula as necessary.
- Reserve 3 cups of the crumb mixture for the topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread the Raspberry Preserves (and fresh raspberries, if using) over the top, leaving a ½-inch border.
- Crumble the rest of the oat mixture over the preserves.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 40-50 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars. Can be made a day ahead… this is actually better the next day.