Thursday, July 16, 2015

Shipping Tastes & Treasures to Moscow, Idaho

Nice letter from Ellen in Chandler who ordered a cookbook for her friend in Idaho after reading The Arizona Republic article about Navajo Tacos from Cameron Trading Post.

Dear Ruth,

I actually read the recipe for Navajo Tacos and Indian Fry Bread in the recent Chandler Republic in Jan D'Atris column. She mentioned  that credit for the recipes was the Historical League's cookbook. My friend in Idaho and I are both Arizona natives. She misses Arizona a lot and is interested in anything historical - especially if it involves cooking. I know she will use many recipes from this book - and when I go to visit I will willingly be the "Guinea Pig" when she tries them out.

Thanks for helping to keep the memories of Old Arizona alive.


No comments: