Sunday, September 11, 2016

Wigwam Resort to be in new cookbook

Cathy Shumard and Ruth McLeod enjoy the historic artwork.
In 1918, The Wigwam began as the Organization House as lodging for ranch suppliers. These guests suggested that it would be a great place to spend a winter vacation, as did Goodyear executives who sometimes brought their families when visiting the farm. On Thanksgiving Day, 1929, The Wigwam officially opened its doors as a guest ranch with enough rooms for 24 guests. The first nine-hole golf course was built in 1930, expanding to 18 holes in 1941. Although this resort and hotel in Litchfield Park has steadily grown over the past 85 years, a portion of the original structure, The Organization House, remains as the cornerstone of The Wigwam’s authenticity and southwestern charm.
We are pleased that they will be a part of the new cookbook, Tastes & Treasures, A Storytelling Cookbook of Historic Arizona Volume II.

Flavorful Fish Tacos for lunch!
Cookbook Committee Chairs Ruth McLeod, Cathy Shumard and
Linda Corderman meet with Wigwam chefs about our new cookbook.

Ruth McLeod and Linda Corderman at The Wigwam.

Tasty Tuscan soup for lunch.

No comments: